Oil Containment Boom
The Canflex Oil Containment Boom is a Heavy Duty boom designed for oil spill operations to use in a wide variety of conditions in sheltered water to open ocean waves. Booms feature simple, rapid inflation, and high buoyancy to weight ratios giving them excellent wave following characteristics in demanding conditions. Each section of the oil curtain boom is segmented into individual inflatable chambers ensuring that the boom will maintain positive buoyancy and continue to float in the event of any damage.
The material used in the construction of the inflatable oil containment boom is heavy duty PU-coated polyester fabric. This fabric is both strong and lightweight, giving rise to extremely robust and high quality boom. This durable polyurethane material can easily be repaired in the field should damage occur. It is also highly resistant to oil, chemicals, all weather conditions and UV light. All seams and unions are high frequency welded, maintaining the excellent mechanical properties of the fabric, and ensuring air and water tightness.
Some of the Oil Containment Boom features are:
- Air Inflatable Heavy Duty Oil Containment Boom
- Excellent wave conformance and oil retention characteristics.
- Independent, segmented buoyancy chambers.
- Monsun check valves for rapid inflation and deflation.
- Corrosion resistant ASTM style marine grade aluminum connectors.
- Heavy duty galvanized steel ballast chain.
- Low maintenance and easily cleaned.
- Marine grade shipping / storage plywood box (Optional).
Applications include, but not limited to: